Thursday, April 2, 2009

LA's 2009 Cupcake Challenge


























Welcome to Tour De Cupcake! If any of you were lucky enough to get into the sold out cupcake show down March 29, please tell me that you are still wallowing in your sugar coma like me!? Guilty as charged! I had the most fabulous time at the cupcake challenge at Hollywood's Renaissance Hotel. I can't begin to tell you how excited I was to attend, and how much it succeeded my expectations. I was happy to see a great variety of original flavored cupcakes such as peanut butter and jelly, sweet potato pie, dulche de leche, wild berry, lavender, pumpkin and my favorite Casanovas Kiss (chocolate-hazelnut with pistachios).




Classic local bakeries from la and Orange county compeated for a place under Best Original, Best Traditional and Best Overall. If you wanted to sample the best bakeries close to your town, then this was the place to be. I was particularily happy to see the West La bakeries representing the sweets! Since I've started my Cupcake tour, I've only been to Sprinkles in Beverly Hills (and I have a very biased opinion on their cupcakes which I'll have to write in another post) but I was so excited to try the other bakeries I've heard so much about. Hotcakes Bakery, Buttercake Bakery, and Blue Cupcake were just a few in my local area of west La. My favorite flavors were: Red Raspberry Velvet by Two Parts Sugar, Sweet Potato Pie by Southern Girl, Casanovas Kiss by Sugar Jones, Dulche De Leche by Pokadots, and Red Velvet from Cuppacakes. So when is next years?!

1 comment: