Tuesday, March 31, 2009

M Cafe- Downtown Culver City






Again, another lazy afternoon weekend in Culver City and were looking for a good place to eat. We always pass by the M cafe and there's always a crowd, so we decide to check it out. We're aware that the menu is mainly vegetarian, but there's gotta be some meat, right? Well, there's meat alright, fake meat. The menu is macrobiotic which is all organic. The deli part of the restaurant looks actually quite tasty, featuring a full array of baked goods, sushi and salads. This place is perfect for the on-the-go "veggie". Theres plenty of pre-made fresh ingredients. Think of it as an uber Fresh and Easy store. So we order a grilled veggie salad: romaine, zesty basil-pesto and avocado lemon vinaigrette and Seitan Katsu Bowl: crispy seitan cutlet, with tangy katsu sauce, shredded cabbage and steamed veggies and brown rice.

My husband is strictly a meat kind of guy, so having "fake" chicken was a struggel for him (good thing he was hungry). Although the flavors were well prepared and fresh, nothing tops food like some good ol' red meat! However, I found my salad to be very flavorful. The avocado-lemon vinaigrette was something I'll have to recreate at home, I really did like it. The grilled veggies were great too, but I would prefer warm instead of cold veggies.

Overall, not a bad place to be in Culver City (although I've never been to a bad one!). I'll probably come by again to try the sushi or some other salads, but leave the hubby at home!

http://www.mcafedechaya.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment