Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bluebird Cafe-Downtown Culver City




We went to Bluebird Cafe for lunch one weekend. The atmosphere was small and cozy, like an old family diner. Of course, the first thing I noticed was the frosted cupcakes on top of the counter. Flavors include: chocolate with rainbow sprinkles, vanilla, red velvet and coconut with shaved coconut. I couldn't wait to dig in! But first- lunch!


This menu featured panninis, wraps, ahi tuna burgers and salads with delicious ingredients like prosciutto and gruyere . My husband chose the ahi tuna burger (which came in a deal with salad, fries and a cupcake for $10.50). The burger had a chipotle aioloi and fruit salsa on a brioche bun (very flavorful!). I had the BBQ chicken sandwich with aged chedddar on rustic white bread and served with a side salad. The bread was crisp and crunchy and the cheese melted all over the bread. The servings were just right for a lunch date. I definitely recommend the Bluebird for an afternoon of relaxing.


To be honest, I was trying to hurry and finish my lunch so I could get to the cupcakes! We tried the red velvet and coconut flavors. The size was very generous. I was pleasantly surprised by the flavor the homemade ingredients. It felt like I had gone back to bake with my mom. The frosting was sweet, but not overpowering and I especially liked the big muffin top. Both were contenders in my book! But I regret to say that I have yet to find a replacement for my Sprinkles addiction!


http://www.bluebirdcafela.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment