Saturday, May 22, 2010

Chego

So you're all big fans of the Kogi truck, right??!! You love wonderful korean bbq tacos with scrumptious short ribs too!! It's so sought after that lines for the truck, from standing in line to receiving your food, can be as long as 45 min! They're so popular that they have 4 trucks that travel all over So Cal. Well if you love the korean street flavor as much as I do then you're gonna be in heaven when you visit Kogi creater, chef Roy Choi's restaurant that I can only describe as incredibly delicious asian soul food! The menu is witty and salavating. Just check out some of the items: Sour Cream Hen House- grilled, w/fried egg, Chinese broccoli, sour cream sambal, Thai basil, sesame, red jalapeƱo (omg, does that just blow your mind, or what!?) I don't care what people think, a fried egg ontop of anything makes it awesome!!, or the Ooey Gooey Fries fries- sour cream sambal, melting montery and jack cheese, cotija, chillies, Thai basil ( I went back after this posting and ordered the ooey gooey fries...and....its ...the...best..thing...ever!!..trust me!)


So anyways, if you live in Culver City area near Overland Ave you must stop by. Here's what we ordered...





One Chubby Pork Belly kochujang-lacquered, w/fried egg, pickled watermelon radishes, water spinach, cilantro, cotija, peanuts
Its a rice bowl with a spicy kick! The pork belly is crunchy and has loads of flavor! Delish!





Tiny’s Prime Rib Rice Plate chili-rubbed, w/fried egg, water spinach, creamed horseradish, roasted garlic serrano paste, shallots
The prime rib was sooo tender, one of the best thin prime rib pieces I've ever had! And surprisingly the horseradish didn't ruin the flavor for me. My husband loves horseradish (and anything spicy for that matter) and to me its always too overpowering but Chego's version is do-able for me.
A great, CHEAP and quick meal! So much flavor and innovation for one meal! Please..go. You won't regret it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment