Friday, February 26, 2010

Los Angeles Cupcake Challenge Feb 2010

A sample of some of the many cupcakes that we were allowed to take home!...wow!!


The third annual Los Angeles Cupcake Challenge was finally at my fingertips this past weekend! I was in heaven!! It was even more glorious than last years! So many wonderful and inventive flavors and too many close votes for me. But first....the RESULTS!! ( I got them from my fav cupcake blog...(http://www.cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/)


Best Traditional:

1st Big Man Bakes-Red Velvet
2nd Blue Cupcake-Sweet and Salty Vanilla
3rd Southern Girl Desserts-Red Velvet



Big Man Bakes' Red Velvet and Carrot cake ...yum!


Best Original:

1st My Delight Cupcaker-Breakfast Cake
2nd Jus Minis-Caramel Banana
3rd Two Parts Sugar-Chocolate Covered Strawberry



Best Overall:

1st Jus Minis-Caramel Banana
2nd My Delight Cupcaker-Breakfast Cake
3rd Two Parts Sugar- Chocolate Covered Strawberry


MY PICKS

Best Traditional:
Big Man Cakes-Red Velvet

Best Original:
My Delight Cupcaker-Amaretto Sour

Best Overall:
My Delight Cupcaker-Breakfast Cupcake


The Breakfast Cupcake...I have to recreate soon!! (if you love pancakes and bacon, you'll be hooked!)

Definitely the event of the year!!!! And I can proudly announce that I took my left overs and ate some the next day. There are never enough! (some people can't handle the truth!) I had such a great time and I was really impressed with this years decorations and unique flavors. Although not all of the flavors were hits. There were plenty of vanilla and red velvet to go around but I was disappointed in the lack of coconut.

I look forward to visiting the winning cupcakeries and my favs of the competition! I had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment