Sunday, November 1, 2009

MILK

A truely indulgent place to go!! I L-O-V-E MILK!! The food is tasty and comforting and the desserts are amazing! It's a small shop that sits in front of Beverly Blvd right down the street from the infamous New Beverly Cinema (where I get my dose of exploitation movie education every now and again...thanks to my hubby!). They feature a daily menu aside from the regulars of sandwiches, soups, salads and pastas which is always a crowd pleaser. I suggest the crispy half chicken with a basil risotto cake, oven dried tomatoes, olives, roasted fennel and citrus sauce! YUM! But who am I kidding.....I come for the DESSERT!! I like to sit right in front next to the display case full of cupcakes, blue velvet cakes, cookies, macaroons, muffins, scones, blondies, moon pies...just to name a few.It's deadly! While I wait for my lunch to be prepared I can already fantasize about which desserts I have to have and which ones I want to try. In the end I can't resist the ice cream. This isn't just any old ice cream. MILK makes their ice cream in house and always surprises me with seasonal flavors, such as blood orange sorbet, pumpkin choc. chip, thai tea and banana dulce de leche!

No matter how much I love the desserts here, the food is still on my top list! The hot pressed sandwiches never disapoint! Check these out!!



Prosciutto & Provolone-with arugula, slivered potatoes, pickled onions and cabbage and black pepper cream (all sammies only 9$) The potatoes in the sandwhich defintely bring out the flavors. I had it once before without the potatoes and the mixture of the prosciutto and provolone was just too salty.


Media Noche-roasted pulled pork and ham with manchego cheese, pickles, and roasted garlic mayo. Always a crowd pleaser in my book! I loved the pulled pork and the pickles are the best!




Turkey BLTC-turkey breast, crispy bacon, lettuce, tomato, aged cheddar cheese and lemon mayo. It's a good sandwich, but I felt it was lacking a bit of bacon. But the lemon mayo was the highlight!

DESSERTS!!
I think one of the reasons why I always get the ice cream is because there are so many variations of recipes for the ice cream. You can: Make an ice cream sandwhich (choose any ice cream you like and any 2 homemade cookies), Shakes, Malts or Floats (either choose one of the concoctions created by MILK or create your own), Make an ice cream sundae (choose one from MILK or your own; comes with your choice of topping, sauce and with vanilla, chocolate, cookies n' cream or starwberry ice cream), or a Dipping Station (choose either of the 4 ice creams with choice of it dipped in Chocolate,Chocolate Mint Crunch or Butterscotch)...it just goes on and on!!! They call it the Ice Cream Bar! It's fabulous!!


Pumpkin chocolate chip and coconut ice cream


Pumpkin chocolate chip and banana dulce de leche ice cream sundae with chocolate sauce and nuts

If you've got a sweet tooth like me, then definitely hit up this LA favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment